Friday, November 09, 2007

this entry is a power point presentation that supplemented a conversation with my professors today concerning the art-making process I have been developing for myself.
I had been approaching the establishment of a generative system for making as a divination of chance, similar to soothsaying and the I-Ching. Such a practice places serendipity in the forefront, the mother of invention.
However, upon reflecting on past experiments I found that pure chance is not the apple of my eye, but the unforeseen fruits of combining that chance with communicative interchange with others. The potential for the spaces between everything else in the world and myself to be charged, to be activated, is where my motivations lie. It is here that the everyday is raised up from the realm of the mundane.



No comments: